The Humboldt State University Foundation provides expertise, fiduciary oversight, and advocacy to increase charitable giving and manage the endowment and other charitable funds. The Foundation serves the University in several ways:
- Steward Assets – ensure that charitable contributions are well invested and used as donors intend
- Deploy Assets – ensure that contributed funds are efficiently distributed and productively used by the University
- Raise New Assets – engage in the fundraising process in order to increase the amount and quality of charitable contributions to the University
- Strategic Alignment – be familiar with the strategies and directions of the University and provide commentary and feedback to University leadership
- Advocacy – serve as spokespersons and ambassadors for the University
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors dedicated to building support for the university across a variety of constituencies who recognize the imperative to expand opportunities for philanthropic success. The Humboldt State University Foundation has its roots in 1927 with the Humboldt Campus Improvement Fund. It was incorporated as the Humboldt State Advancement Foundation in 2004. The Foundation is a dedicated auxiliary of The California State University and a 501(c)(3) California nonprofit corporation. Charitable contributions to the Foundation are deductible under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Upcoming full HSU Foundation Board meetings:
March 26, Aug. 27, Oct. 8
Please see the Meeting Dates Schedule for committee meetings and more details.