Creating an Endowed Fund
How does it work?
- Contribute by making a gift in cash, securities, real estate, or planned gift.
- Receive a tax deduction in the year you make the gift.
- An annual distribution is made for the purpose that you have designated.
- Because the principal remains intact, the fund will generate support in perpetuity.
Endowment Funds: An Act of Generosity and Vision
With a gift or gifts totaling $25,000 or more, you can establish an enduring, permanent endowed fund to provide a consistent flow of support to students and allow the university to plan into the future. When you establish the endowment, you can designate the annual distribution to fund
a scholarship, support an award or assistantship, or strengthen a department or program.
What are the benefits of creating an endowment at Humboldt State?
- Your gift supports HSU and its students in perpetuity.
- You have the opportunity to support a priority that is most important to you.
- You may name the fund to pay tribute or honor a loved one.
- You can be proud of supporting the future of education at HSU.